New Product Development Manager – Food Industry
Location: Atlanta, GA
Salary: $75k to $85k
We are currently looking for a New Product Development (NPD) Manager an expanding, international company. Our client operates globally and with his sister company is one of the world’s largest air service providers.
In conjunction with the Head of Food the Innovation, Product and Supplier Development Manager is responsible for the product range and the development and launch of all new products for the North American region. This role is instrumental in identifying and managing supplier partners, sourcing products and developing the food range for the travel sector in the USA. Working closely with clients, manufacturers and internal stakeholders the role requires innovation, relationship management and project management skills.
- Work with the Head of Food to develop / and deliver the NPD and Sourcing strategies for the USA to support growth plans.
- Work closely with the Sales Team to ensure relevance of product portfolio; drive change and renewal to meet customer needs, working collaboratively with Creative, Technical and Operations teams for fast, effective new product development
- Ensure that product range is refreshed, reviewed and changed when needed to ensure it is relevant and contemporary. Avoid unnecessary drift and spread in range eliminating obsolescence and optimising inventory.
- Manage the commercialization process of products and lead the successful launch of new products, ensure comprehensive briefing of sales and operations teams; price positioning based on intimate knowledge of competitors and substitutes; promotion and communication for market awareness.
- Liaise with suppliers as the point of contact for product quotes, samples, set up, technical data and QA for the USAExperience
- The ideal candidate will have a chef background, but also experience in food product development and sourcing required.
- Should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of NPD and the practices of commercializing food products solutions including packaging for mass production/distribution.
- Understands specification, design and details of food products and packaging as well as costing.
- Experience in large scale food manufacturing / NPD for retail, foodservice, or travel markets.
- Strong track record of analysing and interpreting data to drive business performance
- Strong background in customer facing /supplier facing capacity
- Creative and self-motivated with a passion for food.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to influence at all levels.
- The ability to manage your own time effectively
- The ability to build strong customer relationships
- Strong awareness of North American food market trends
Please get in touch for more information on this role! Please note that candidates must have the right to live and work in the USA to be considered for this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be considered.
COREcruitment are experts in recruiting for the service sector. We currently have over 700 live roles across the UK, Middle East, Europe, North America, South East Asia, Africa and Australia. To view other great opportunities please check out our website at www.corecruitment.com or call us on +44 207 790 2666 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
We give away fantastic prizes... every month!